The most powerful air rifle is the one do the job cleanly and accurately, therefore follow the tips below for the best result. Keep calm and aim well! Air rifles are pretty easy to fire, however it is more rewarding if you do it right. These tips are applied for both beginners and advanced shooters for the best result with a pellet gun.
1. Remember to choose a rifle that fits you physically. Both length and weight of the air rifle are important. The best fit pellet rifle is the one that you can comfortably hold it stable at ninety degrees to your body without the need of resting it on anything.
2. A good method for home sighting is to bore-sight it. A break barrel air rifle is recommended to practice this move. First, break the barrel just a little until you can see down the barrel and look down it, and then aim at a fixed target. Remember that never look down from the end of the barrel since it is possible to cause eye injury. Once you have decided and aimed at your target through the barrel look through the sights and line them up with the same thing while keeping the barrel aimed at the target. You may want to see some more pictures about brake and barrel in this Hatsan 95 Air Rifle.
3. Try to push the stock into your right shoulder to see if it feels comfortable or not. If you are left-handed and find this position uncomfortable, just buy the left-handed rifles to suit your need.
4. Lay your dominant hand on the grip and your fingers are still kept off the trigger at this time.
5. Measure the distance from your shoulder to the grip and place your other hand under the body of the rifle with the same distance forward. Do not place your hand on the barrel.
6. You do not have to move your eye down to the rifle but you can hold the rifle across your body instead. This position makes you stand side-on to the target which enables you to sight along the barrel just by slightly leaning your head. This is the most controlling air rifle shooting position.
7. When sight on your target, remember to read the rifle’s manual to understand how to use its specific sight. Normally you will see at the closest end sit a small, notched piece of metal a vertical stick (stand alone or within a ring) on the end of the barrel. This popular type of sight is used as follow: first, you must line your air rifle up to adjust your target point into the centre of the notch. After that you have to bring the barrel up to make the stick fill the notch with the top of the stick on par with the top of the notch. Some new types of good pellet rifles have two red dots on the side closest to you and a green dot at the end of the barrel. Actually, the steps are the same. Repeat the last steps the same way of using notched sight. So in short: Back sight, front sight, and target.
8. As you hold your air rifle, breathe in deeply. The pellet gun should rise slightly as you do so. At this time keep the sights lined up then breathe out very slowly and smoothly. As the rifle gradually sinks down, the sight will slowly come down and soon meet your target. As the sight reaches the spot you are aiming at, gently squeeze the trigger and BANG!
9. Calculate where the shot hit the target. No sight will be perfect for the first try, so just adjust. If it landed too high, aim a little lower. If it landed over to the right, aim for left a little. You will quickly learn where and how to sight well at first shot with your experience. Learn by your mind and body alike.
10. Keep practicing to polish your skill. Every time you see someone make a great shot, it is not a miracle but it is the result of honing skills. Practice makes perfect – as the old saying said.
The steps above are parts of the most powerful air rifle shooting correct position. If you are new to pellet gun shooting, they are good tips to develop your skills. Even experienced shooters can use this guide to solve their problems such as sighting or simply how to place the correct stance. The best air rifle is the one serve you best, go check our store to find out what you need.