Rabbit hunting is a time-honored sport, but it is great to to know the best pellet gun bunnies hunting method for the score and humane ways to do this. Remember that you should also know how to clean and skin a rabbit as well.
This guide is well illustrated with steps about the best way to hunt rabbits with air rifle. You should be knowledgeable about rabbit hunting. Read the full hunting guide here. If you are already an experienced hunter, here is a quick remind:
- Check your local airguns laws and hunting laws.
- Be sure to ask for landowner’s permission before the hunt.
- Always shoot calmly within your zero range to go for a instant-kill shot. A rabbit is a living creature and he deserves a painless humane death. If you wound a prey, make sure you end its suffering as soon as possible.
- Look before you shoot. Never mistake other people as your preys!
- Know your kill zone or you will take a boring walk in a nothing-field.
- .22 calibers give more impact damage than .177 but they fly slower than .177 pellets. Choose what you need.
- A good quality dome-headed pellet (round head caliber) is the best choice for rabbit air rifle hunting.
Now you are prepared, follow these illustrated guide for a happy hunt.
1. Get the best pellet gun you can afford
2. Find a good hunting field
3. Ask for landowner permission
4. Perfect your aim
–> Buy good targets here
5. Find a safe target shooting area
6. Get into position
7. Sighting the target
8. Do not hold the gun too tight
9. Ready for the shot
10. Change the sights slightly and repeat
11. Practice makes perfect
12. Taking an ambush
13. Prepare yourself with appropriate clothing and gears
14. Load your gun at this point
15. Spot the prey
16. Keep calm and aim well
17. Aim for the vital points
18. Last observation
19. Ready for the shot
20. Pull your trigger
21. Do the finishing blow